Oct 23, 2010

Picking Myself Up By The Bootstraps..

God has been really working on me for the last few months.  He has been working on me forever, but, I mean really hitting me hard lately.

See, I haven't been to church in a long time. I have not sat down and had quiet time with Him for a long time. I have kept myself busy with work and the house and work and everything else BUT Him. I have had Sundays off now for months, but my excuse for not going to church is that Sunday is my ONLY day to sleep in, relax and not have to do anything. So, I stay home and occupy myself with other things.  I don't go to church on Wednesdays because I work till 6pm and by the time I were to go home, get the kids and  try to make it to a service, it would be over. So, I don't go then either.

Know what God told me?  "Too bad, so sad, Carrie. Sunday is MY day and YOU ARE NEGLECTING ME!"

Ouch....

Know what else he told me?  "I am not your S.O.S. God!"

Double Ouch...

I stand corrected.  I repent. I will be at services tomorrow.

See, He has led a few people into my life these last few months whom He has used to convict me as well. His Spirit has spoken to me in quiet whispers that have haunted me with guilt.  (Yes, I believe that God uses guilt to get our attention.. Why not? He made all of our emotions, why wouldn't He use them?) And He has also used these lovely people to hold me accountable.

Yes, Lord, I Get It!

Now, I know that when I am around other Christians I feel amazing. I feel free to be 'me'. I have the desire to serve Him even more. I want to pronounce my faith. I want to discuss Him. I want to learn more about Him. I want to share my stories about Him.

And when I am left on my own...

I tend to become lukewarm. Thank God, He hasn't spit me out yet, but I bet He has a sour look on His face!

I also need to get my children fed spiritually. They used to be 'on fire' for God. Now, they looked at me like I was taking them to a torture chamber when I said we were going to church tomorrow.  Not Good!

It's time to pick myself up by the bootstraps and with His help, get back on track.

Here I go again!◦
Share/Bookmark

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...